Courses and dates
The London Construction Academy provides training and support for best practice in the construction sector.
Course dates for 2019
- February (exact dates to be confirmed)
Each course lasts 2 weeks and applicants must be able to attend all of the course.
Please submit an application form along with your CV asap to register interest. A capped contribution of £90 towards travel expenses is issued on an oyster card after candidates have enrolled at induction.
- Live within a London Borough
- Not be in Education, Training or Employment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in UK with either passport, work VISA or birth certificate and NI number.
- Have valid photographic ID to take CSCS test – passport or provisional/driving licence. CITB Requirements for CSCS cards (click for list of documents accepted by CITB)
- Pass a drugs and alcohol test
- Able to attend all 2 weeks of the course
- Want to use course skills learnt to apply for apprenticeships or manual work
- Good literacy skills (level 1 as minimum)
LCA Application form 2019 (click on link to open application form)
We can accept applications from 16-18 years olds but two additional forms must by signed in advance by their parent/guardian.
- Under 18 yrs Privacy Notice and consent for enrolled students (click to open notice)
- Under 18 years Parental Consent Form – Graduation Photos (click to open notice)
Privacy Notice May 2018 is available to view here (click on link to open document).
Maps and directions All 10 days of the October course will be held at the training campus, Southwark Construction Skills, 33 Heygate Street, London, SE17 1AZ. It is a 10 minute walk from Elephant and Castle train/tube station. Maps are provided to students with reserved spaces.
This fully funded 2 week course covers the following modules:-
- CSCS Card revision and test
- Health and Safety
- Traffic Marshal Training
- Customer Service
- Fire Marshal
- Emergency First Aid at Work – 1 day
- Preparing for Job Interviews
Students that attend and pass all modules are awarded the London Bronze Pass certificate issued by the LCA so we know students have achieved a consistent standard of training.