Courses and dates
The London Construction Academy provides training and support for best practice in the construction sector.
Course dates for 2019
- 4th February to 15th February
- 25th March to 5th April
- 24th June to 5th July
- 7th October to 18th October
Each course lasts 10 days and applicants must be able to attend all of the course.
Please submit an application form along with your CV asap to register interest. A capped contribution of £90 towards travel expenses is issued on an oyster card after candidates have enrolled at induction.
- Live within a London Borough
- Not be in Education, Training or Employment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in UK with either passport, work VISA or birth certificate and NI number.
- Have valid photographic ID to take CSCS test – passport or provisional/driving licence. CITB Requirements for CSCS cards (click for list of documents accepted by CITB)
- Pass a drugs and alcohol test
- Able to attend all 10 days of the course
- Want to use course skills learnt to apply for apprenticeships or manual work
- Good literacy skills (level 1 as minimum)
LCA Application form 2019 (click on link to open application form)
Applications from 16-18 year olds
We can accept applications from 16-18 years olds but two additional forms below must by signed in advance by their parent/guardian and submitted with their application form.
- Under 18 yrs Privacy Notice and consent for enrolled students (click to open notice)
- Under 18 years Parental Consent Form – Graduation Photos (click to open notice)
Maps and directions All 10 days of the course will be held at the training campus, Southwark Construction Skills, 33 Heygate Street, London, SE17 1AZ. It is a 10 minute walk from Elephant and Castle train/tube station. Maps are provided to students with reserved spaces.
This fully funded 10 day course covers the following modules:-
- CSCS Card revision and test
- Health and Safety
- Site Access Traffic Marshal Training
- Customer Service
- Fire Marshal
- First Aid
- Preparing for Job Interviews
Students that attend and pass all modules are awarded the London Bronze Pass certificate issued by the LCA so we know students have achieved a consistent standard of training.
Privacy Notice May 2018 is available to view here (click on link to open document).