Courses and dates
The London Construction Academy provides training and support for best practice in the construction sector.
Next Course date for 2020
- 2nd to 13th March 2020
Due to the Corona Virus we have suspended future courses and will release dates after monitoring the situation.
- Each course lasts 10 days and applicants must be able to attend all of the course.
Please submit an application form along with your CV asap to register interest. A capped contribution of £90 towards travel expenses is issued on an oyster card after candidates have enrolled at induction.
- Be age 18 and over
- Live within a London Borough
- Not be in Education, Training or Employment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in UK with either passport, work VISA or birth certificate and NI number.
- Have valid photographic ID to take CSCS test – passport or provisional/driving licence.
- Pass a drugs and alcohol test
- Able to attend all 10 days of the course
- Want to use course skills learnt to apply for apprenticeships or manual work
- Good literacy skills (level 1 as minimum)
Application form 2020 (click on link to open application form)
Applications from 16-18 year olds
We no longer accept applications from 16-18 years as our sponsors support an organisation who specialise in this age group. Please contact the Construction Youth Trust if you are under age 18.
Maps and directions All 10 days of the course will be held at the training campus, Southwark Construction Skills, 33 Heygate Street, London, SE17 1AZ. It is a 10 minute walk from Elephant and Castle train/tube station. Maps are provided to students with reserved spaces.
This fully funded 10 day course covers the following modules:-
- CSCS Card revision and test
- Health and Safety
- Site Access Traffic Marshal Training
- Customer Service
- Fire Marshal
- First Aid
- Preparing for Job Interviews
Students that attend and pass all modules are awarded the London Bronze Pass certificate issued by the LCA so we know students have achieved a consistent standard of training.